Hyundai Motor Company Australia has issued a RECALL for a range of TL/TLe Tucson vehicles (production range Nov 2014 - Nov 2020).
- Affected owners will be contacted by Hyundai Australia.
- Hyundai Australia is awaiting parts supply to ensure the repair can be carried out correctly, as soon as parts are available Hyundai Australia will notify affected customers.
- Hyundai Australia has assured Tucson owners that the vehicle is safe to drive, however, as an added precaution it is recommended that the vehicle is parked away from flammable structures.
- There have been no reported cases of fires in Australia.
- Fraser Coast Hyundai is an authorised Hyundai Dealership and is here to assist affected customers. All repairs to the affected vehicles will be completed free of charge.
Why have you released the recall without the parts supply?
Recalls have to be announced to the government bodies within a certain timeframe regardless of parts supply.
What if I have sold my vehicle, what should I do?
Hyundai Australia will conduct a search of the current registered owner and contact them directly.
The vehicle was written off in an accident, what should I do?
The registry authorities will advise on the status of all vehicles damaged and written off in an accident.
Is my car safe to drive?
Yes, however, if you do receive a notification from Hyundai Australia, please have the vehicle inspected by Fraser Coast Hyundai without delay.
How come the recall is visible on the government website, but not on the Hyundai Australia website?
The recall has not been published on the Hyundai website to date due to the parts availability. The ETA for parts is the end of February.